- One-Arm Dumbbell Row technique
- One-Arm Dumbbell Row Anatomy
- Distinctive features of One-Arm Dumbbell Row
- How to do One-Arm Dumbbell Row
One Arm Dumbbell Row technique
In the first set, 20 repetitions are performed, 10 seconds to rest. Exercise is, in principle, not difficult. But, try to do it without getting to know the technique and nuances: you won ’t feel your back. Only then will training become a favorite, and every millimeter of the back will be felt.
The technique is important so that the implementation of the basic training does not “smear” the load, but directs it to increase the thickness of the back.
The picture will help to get acquainted with the muscular atlas:
Incline dumbbell row anatomy
Movements made to complete the training include, along with the extension and compression of the spinal muscles, scapular contractions. Training on the development of the back: middle and top. Involved more often in traction: round muscles, rhomboid, latitudinal backs, extensions, and trapezoid. They must be stabilized from the rotating shoulder cuff. This means that with the right technique, the muscles between the shoulder blades and below work very actively.
But, for the majority of athletes who attend gyms who are not familiar with the technique of torsion dumbbell traction, they do not load the broadest muscles well, but they actively work shoulders, wrists, biceps, elbows – in short, everything that is not needed.
To avoid this, you need to know which muscles provide movement during the draft of the dumbbell in an incline.
First of all, it is possible due to the muscle layer of the back. The hand serves only to hold the projectile and serves as a kind of “grabber”.
Statically tense flexors stabilize the elbow joint during the movement of the arms that perform the draft of the dumbbell in an inclination. The muscles of the shoulder girdle are manifested by lifting the scapula up and turning it, which “draws” the middle part of the trapezium and rhomboid muscles into the work. When lowering the dumbbell, in addition to the tension of the rhomboid muscles, small pectoral muscles work. That is, with one training you can pump, without risking injury, the entire spinal mass.
Distinctive features of one arm dumbell row
- safety and good load. When performing dumbbell traction in a tilt, all the muscles of the upper part of the body are engaged. Very similar to training rod traction, but with less load on the spinal column. Therefore, it is safe, and recommended for people with back problems;
- formation of a back array without training in simulators. With the help of a draft of a dumbbell on an incline, the trainees get a V-shaped back and the dimensions are quite impressive (without isolating trainers), which means that you can perform them at home;
- multidirectional study of the muscles of the back. Since there is no attachment to the “iron”, and the weights are used free, it is possible to do dumbbell traction in an inclination from any angle and from a different position, which favorably affects the development of back muscles. It is adjusted throughout the arrays in full;
- the ability to improve posture, strengthen the lower back, say goodbye to rounded shoulders. And this is all in addition to the targeted action on the dorsal muscles; no need to shove carbohydrates into yourself, trying to keep within the limits of the carbohydrate window.
- The last meal in the light version is no later than 2 hours before bedtime. benefits in everyday life. Not everyone can (want) to go to the gym. Many people just want to maintain themselves in the tone necessary for normal life: leading a sedentary lifestyle, unlike “moving” brothers, the muscles of the back are weaker, and dumbbell torsion will help them stay in a comfortable vertical position for a long time. Training can also improve the characteristics of lifting and portable, without which you can not do while shopping in shops.
How to do incline row
It seems that there is nothing difficult: just pull a dumbbell toward you. This is a mistake. exercise must be performed, strictly observing the technique, if you want to pump your back. Therefore, consider the step-by-step training.
- Choose a dumbbell with a comfortable handle width.
- Take the dumbbell, go up to the bench.
- Lift the right knee and put lower leg on the bench, leave the foot to hang down.
- Take the projectile with a neutral grip with your left hand.
- Leaning your torso forward (parallel to the floor), lean yourself with your right hand in front of you.
- BCAA amino acids – leucine, isoleucine and valine, form 35% of all muscle proteins, so they are rightly called the main building block of muscle. Keep your back straight.
So: on the bench are the right leg and hand, on the floor – the left leg, the shell holds the left hand. This is the starting position.
- The training given is acceptable for gym classes, as well as the technique of performing at home. When observing patients taking drugs based on a plant alkaloid, doctors noted significant weight loss. Pull the projectile up and a little back, not taking your hand far from the body.
- Hold the body motionless.
- Holding the shell to the lower abdomen, exhale, concentrating on the compression of the shoulder blades.
- Having achieved full contraction, slowly lower the dumbbell in the PI, inhale and repeat the movement as many times as necessary. The number of procedures determines the complexity of the disease.
- Then, repeat the exercise with the right hand
Practical advice will help you to do the dumbbell traction in a tilt correctly
- pull the projectile, stretching/contracting the muscles of the back, and not due to the strength of the muscles of the hands;
- do not use Sioux forearms to raise the dumbbell • do not straighten your arm at the lower point during training;
- To use the full amplitude, you need to correctly select the weight of the projectile;
- do not let the “working” shoulder fall down;
- raising the projectile, do not take your elbow away from the side;
- to keep the back straight, keep your head straight, looking forward;
- hang in the place where the training takes place, a mirror to track the correct execution;
- at the lower point of the trajectory, the projectile is allowed to be held so that the thumb is looking at the athlete; in the upper position, you need to change (do a turn)
- take your elbow higher, trying to touch the abdomen;
- when working with heavy weight, use belts and straps;
- to strengthen the grip, hold the projectile, pressing the index finger and thumb close to the outside of the front plate of the projectile.
Dumbbell rows common mistakes
The most common mistakes are:
- rotation in the lumbar (Fig. 1);
- bending of the spinal column in the form of the letter “C” (Fig. 2);
- abduction towards the elbow (Fig. 3);
- high raising or low lowering of the pelvis or head;
- wrists at the end of the movement;
- parasitic movements: jerks, etc.
In time, the draft of the dumbbell in an incline lasts at least 15 minutes: this will allow a person weighing 70 kg to burn 102 kcal, which is comparable to squats with a barbell (119 kcal)
Tilt Dumbbell Deadlift – A training that is popular with bodybuilders. For back training, it is considered fundamental. He is loved by eminent athletes like Jay Cutler and Ronnie Colleman. Indeed, these names will probably dispel doubts about the productivity of the exercise, if there are any.